Awesome People!

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Chantix Day 2

Well, it seemed as if I have been smoking even more, but I think that's all psychological.  I mean, I've only taken 1/2 mg for 2 days so I'm thinking that could not be near enough to have any weird affects on me.  I had a little conversation with myself about why I was going outside more frequently the past 2 days.  Is it because I'm a little panicky that my quit date is coming and I have to get in more while I can?  That thought made me think a little.  The thing is, when I am smoking I'm not feeling any satisfaction from it.  Maybe those nicotine receptors in my brain are getting blocked?  If I'm not getting any satisfaction from it, is there any real reason to keep on doing it? After I had those thoughts I successfully and almost painlessly passed up a smoke on two big triggers....after eating, and during half time of a basketball game.  A break in the action usually means a break for me too.  I did have 1/2 of one after I woke up from a nap, but, again it didn't really do anything for me.  I have a slight headache, but other than that, nothing new to report.  I'm still really optimistic that this will work.

I also signed up for the Chantix Get Quit help website program thing.  Today I am keeping track of whenever I smoke and what I was doing when I decided to go smoke.  


2 comments:

  1. Hey Lisa, Good luck with the Chantix. I am a former smoker and I do know how hard it is to quit. Please keep us posted.
    -Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope this works for you. My daughter used Chantix to quit and I was amazed it worked. That was a year ago and she still doesn't smoke. YOU CAN DO THIS!!
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete