Awesome People!

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Quiet Weekend

Do you know why it's a quiet weekend?  Because the Nebraska Cornhuskers had a by week!  My dh is an absolute fanatic when it comes to  Nebraska football.  Oh, my Lord.  You just don't even know.  Or maybe you do.  Maybe you or your s.o. is a maniac fan of some team too.  As soon as Nebraska football comes on tv my peaceful husband turns into a raging lunatic.  And it's not in a good way.  He screams at the tv (I'm sure all the neighbors can hear, he's so loud), he cusses, the veins in his temple pump and pulse.  He turns angry.  His team isn't as up to par this year as he would like.  And all this screaming and yelling causes soooo much tension in the house.  Sara wants me to take her out somewhere.  She hides in her room and occasionally yells at him to stop.  So do I.

But this weekend I got a break!  There is no Husker football on this weekend!  Now I just need to prepare myself for next Saturday.  oy. 

Sara had a soccer game yesterday morning, and her team won 5-2!  Yea Knights!  I don't particularly care for her coach.  He doesn't really teach them anything, and he favors the boys of a certain ethnicity and rarely changes them out of the game for other players.  Sara played goalie the 4th quarter and she made a really great save, but my camera work is not the best.  you just catch the end of it.  It was a high kick that would have gone in the net over her head, but she jumped and stretched and pushed it over the goal.  It was pretty sweet.  No goals were scored on her that quarter!
She hates that goalie jersey!  It's a hideous yellow and green plaid.  She hates having to wear it, and Jeff said maybe he'd take her out and get her her own goalie shirt that she can wear and be fashionable in.  lol









It's going to be a fun night tonight, too.  Our family has been waiting sooooooo long for this night to come.  Why?  Because we looooove the AMC show "The Walking Dead".  And tonight is the 1 1/2 hour season premier!!!!  You can bet we'll all be glued to both tv sets.  The kids will be sprawled out in front of the one in living room, and Jeff and I will watch in our room.  What happens, though, is that the kids tend to migrate onto our bed after a creepy scene with lots of zombies.  I am entering a contest every day for a trip for 2 to visit the set and become a zombie for a show taping for next season!  I would soooo love to win that!  I put it in Jeff's name, though, and the kids would have to fight it out over who would get to go with him.  If you like zombies you have got to check out AMC's "The Walking Dead" on Sunday nights!!!

That's my weekend.  What are you doing this weekend?  Anything fun?  Drop me a line to my email or leave me a comment here and let me know what's up!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had started watching the Walking Dead from the beginning. AMC has great shows. In fact, a lot of the cable stations do, you just have to seek them out.

    Our boys are into football so its on any weekend depending on who is playing. My youngest is a huge BEARS fan. A chip off his Bamma's block!! He also loves Notre Dame. I'm not a big fan there, but I like the QB this year and want to see him succeed, especially since he was not the coach's first pick, but he was mine. The teams success is important to our local economy, so I support them. Put the politics involved in the school being here bites my liberal butt sometimes.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete