Awesome People!

Friday, October 21, 2011

I'm a Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

How lucky are you?  Have you won very many things over your lifetime?  Bingo?  Lottery?  Raffles?  Radio contests?  When I was younger I used to win quite a bit of different things.  Winning is fun.  It's also very addicting.  One day a couple months ago I watched a show on I think TLC (could have been A&E) called Extreme Sweepers.  Have you ever heard of extreme sweepers?  I hadn't either until that day, and then after the show I went to my computer and started right away because it seemed like a lot of fun on the show.

So what is it?  People who make a living off  entering all kinds of sweepstakes and contests.  It's mostly done by internet, but there are still mail-ins and local businesses will often have give aways for products or services.  So I spend about 2 hours a day on the computer and I enter about 175-200 contests every day.  Sounds like a lot?  There are short cuts to make it speedy like automatic form fillers so you just click a button and your info gets filled in on the form. Then there are websites that list contests and allow you to keep track of single, daily, weekly, and monthly entry contests. 

A lot of people say it can take 6 months to a year to start seeing results from your efforts because the contests often last a long time before they close.  Some people enter every contest imaginable because whatever they win that they don't want they turn around and sell on ebay for cash, which is how they make a living at this.  I don't enter everything.  If I don't particularly want the prize, then I don't enter.  I also don't enter sweepstakes for trips unless it's to a college football bowl game, a trip to Ireland, or a trip for the family to Disneyland.  But even though I've only been doing this for 2 months, I already have some small wins under my belt.  I even got another one this afternoon. 

So far I have won a $25 Visa gift card, a prize package from V8 worth about $100 (includes products and a $25 WalMart gift card), a full size tube of fancy mascara, a free movie ticket, (hehehe...get this one) a decorative toilet paper roll canister, a bottle of carpet cleaner and today I won a fleece throw from Sealy Mattress.  My winnings come to a retail value of about $180.  The only only prizes I've actually received so far are the movie ticket voucher and the Visa card, and the rest of the stuff can take up to 10 weeks to arrive.  But when my things start coming in it will be like Christmas when the mailman comes.  And I'm actually looking forward to seeing what design I get on the silly little toilet paper canister.  lol

All of these little wins I'm hoping are a good omen of bigger prizes to come.  I'll keep everyone posted periodically on what I've won.  It's fun!  You should try it!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, Lisa! My sister enters a lot of contests and wins quite a bit, too. I haven't tried it yet because at the moment I feel it is too time consuming. I already spend way more time on the computer than creating!

    ReplyDelete